In it together
'In it together' will:
- create more opportunities for disabled people to take part in sport
- support local clubs to develop their inclusive opportunities
- train more coaches to work with disabled people
- raise the profile of disability sport and the Paralympic Games
So far the project has:
- delivered over 70 sports sessions to adults with learning disabilities
- engaged over 100 individuals through the sports programme
- trained 20 local sports coaches through the Typhoo Sport for All Course
- held a Disability Sports Fair for individuals to find out about opportunities available to them to access
'In it together' is one of the outstanding projects granted the London 2012 Inspire Mark, the badge of London 2012 Inspire Programme which recognises exceptional and innovative projects inspired by the 2012 Games.
Contact Leisure and Tourism or call 01993 861557.