'Nightsafe' is a campaign to tackle alcohol-related violent crime and disorder.
All licensed premises in West Oxfordshire are signed up to Nightsafe to improve safety in their premises and town centres. Measures include the following:
- Membership of the local Pubwatch scheme
- Managing drinks promotions responsibly
- Displaying posters about responsible drinking
- Ensuring that staff are trained on managing alcohol misuse
- Front door staff wearing high-visibility vests
- Taxi drivers are also joining the campaign by displaying magnetic stickers on their vehicles.
If you would like more information about joining the scheme please:
- Email the Licensing team
Many initiatives have been introduced under Nightsafe including:
- Licensed premises displaying posters about responsible drinking and anti-drugs messages
- Purchasing radios for each licensed premise in Witney and Carterton town centre. The radios provide a direct link with the CCTV Control Room and each other to increase awareness of incidents and to deal with them as quickly as possible
- Giving out 13,000 Spikeys to licensed premises to prevent bottled drinks from being spiked.
- Two DVD school education packs that raise awareness of the night-time economy, underage drinking and the consequences of alcohol-related disorder
- The introduction of Street Pastors who make sure drunk revellers stay safe and get home safely. The West Oxfordshire Community Safety Partnership contributes funding towards their training.
Future Nightsafe initiatives will be publicised on the: