Council Tax payments
Your yearly Council Tax charge is normally payable in 10 monthly instalments due on the first of the month. There are a number of different ways to pay your Council Tax with direct debit being the most efficient.
Pay by direct debit
Set up a direct debit online
Or you can:
- print and return the direct debit instruction to the address on the form
- call 01993 861040
Pay by telephone
Pay by phone at any time using our automated service:
- Call 01993 861045
You will need your billing number to use this service which can be found in the top right hand corner of your bill.
Pay in person
- At our Town Centre Shop 3 Welch Way in Witney between 9am - 1:30pm Monday to Friday
- Please see Map of Council offices in Witney.
- Please note: we are unable to accept post-dated cheques.
Post office or Payzone
- You can pay your Council Tax at any Post Office or Payzone using a swipe card.
- Please note: if you pay by this method your payment will take a number of days to reach your account.
- For more information about Payzone or to find your nearest point please visit the Payzone website.
Set up a standing order
You can set up a standing order at your bank using our bank details:
Please make sure that your Council Tax payments are received by the due date to avoid getting a reminder. A maximum of 2 reminders are sent in any one year after which the instalment facility is cancelled and you will have to pay the year's Council Tax charge.
Non payment of Council Tax
If you don't pay your charge we are required by law to follow statutory procedures to recover the debt.
If you are having trouble paying please contact us immediately and we may be able to come to a payment arrangement that you can afford.