Elections: media information
On Thursday 2 May 2019 there are elections for:
The count will take place in Witney on Friday 3 May and results will be announced as soon as possible completion – hopefully around 1pm.
To apply for media accreditation to attend the count either:
District Council elections
- All 16 Wards are contested
- The seats on the District Council are currently held by 12 Conservatives, 3 Independents and 1 Liberal Democrat representative.
- 12 sitting councillors are seeking re-election
- There are 62 candidates in total comprising of 16 Conservatives; 11 Green Party; 2 Independents; 16 Labour/Labour and Co-operative; 16 Liberal Democrats and 1 UKIP
For more details see our Future elections webpage.
Current political balance
Each of the 49 councillors is elected for a four year term. The current political balance of the Council is:
- 32 Conservative
- 8 Liberal Democrats
- 5 Labour/Labour and Co-operative
- 4 Independent
General information and filming permissions
There will be 61 polling stations in West Oxfordshire on 2 May 2019. They will be open from 7am - 10pm. (You cannot film inside a polling station. However, you can film outside if in a public area).
For other filming locations, you will need permission from the relevant landowner. Please see our Filming in West Oxfordshire webpage.
Any requests for information about any of the candidates must be directed to their agent.
The following links may be useful for members of the media wanting information about elections:
- Election results (including results for General, European, district/town/parish elections)
- Future elections
- West Oxfordshire factfile
- Guide to Council services
- Follow @WodcNews