Local elections - Thursday 2 May 2019
The period for the nomination of candidates ended 4pm on Wednesday 3 April and the following elections will be take place on Thursday 2 May:
District Council elections
Elections are being held for 16 seats on West Oxfordshire District Council - one seat for each of the following wards:
- Alvescot and Filkins
- Bampton and Clanfield
- Carterton - North East, North West and South wards
- Charlbury and Finstock
- Chipping Norton
- Eynsham and Cassington
- Minster Lovell and Leafield
- Kingham, Rollright and Enstone
- Stonesfield and Tackley
- Witney - Central, East, North, South and West wards
See who is standing for the District Council
Town / Parish Council elections
Elections were scheduled for 151 seats on 18 town and parish councils however, many of these seats were uncontested so voting will only take place in the following wards:
- Carterton Gateway ward (2 seats)
- Carterton Milestone ward (3 seats)
- Chipping Norton (16 seats)
- Combe (6 seats)
- Ramsden (5 seats
- Witney - Burwell ward (1 seat)
- Witney - Central ward (3 seats)
- Witney - East ward (4 seats)
- Witney - North ward (3 seats)
- Witney - South ward (3 seats)
- Witney - West ward (3 seats)
See who is standing for town / parish elections
View results of uncontested seats
- See downloads section for notices of poll for the elections.
- Candidates - see external links section for Electoral Commission guidance.
- For more information download: Elections on 2 May 2019
European Parliamentary elections - Thursday 23 May 2019
The UK was due to leave the EU on 29 March 2019, which would have meant no further elections to the European parliament. However, as it remains a member, the next European parliamentary election will take place on Thursday 23 May 2019, unless the UK leaves the EU before that date.
West Oxfordshire is part of the South East Region, which has 10 MEPs.
- See downloads section for notice of election.
- For more information see: "European Elections on Thursday 23 May 2019"
Results of previous elections within the District
- View our election results page
Registering to vote and voting by post or proxy
- View our Register to vote page
District, town and parish councils
West Oxfordshire District Council is made up of 49 elected Councillors, with one third elected three years in four.
- For more information about future district elections please see: Electoral cycle (pdf)
- For more details of election years for your town or parish please see: Parish and Town Council Election Years (pdf)
Parliamentary elections: May 2022
The next election of a member of parliament for the Witney constituency is currently scheduled to take place on Thursday 5 May 2022.
Police and Crime Commissioner: May 2020
The next election of a Police and Crime Commissioner is scheduled for Thursday 7 May 2020.
For information about the Police and Crime Commissioner, please see the official website for the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner.