Referendums and election on Thursday 29 August 2019
Polls will take place on Thursday 29 August in referendums for the Hailey and Shilton Neighbourhood Plans and in an election for a vacancy for the North Ward of the Witney Town Council.
The notice of election and notices of referendum and the notices of poll are all available in the downloads section and include information about the deadlines for applying to be registered to vote or to vote by post or proxy.
Please note that the deadlines for applying to be registered for vote or to vote by post have passed.
Poll cards were posted on Thursday 25 July; and postal votes were posted on 13 August.
The period for nominating candidates for the Witney Town Council election ended at 4pm on Thursday 1 August. The names and descriptions of the four nominated candidates are:
- Michael Brooker (Labour Party)
- Brigitte Hickman (Green Party)
- Ben Molyneux (Liberal Democrats - To stop Brexit)
- Dean Temple (The Conservative Party Candidate)
For more information about the Neighbourhood Plans, please:
- visit the Neighbourhood Planning page
Results of previous elections within the District
- View our election results page
Registering to vote and voting by post or proxy
- View our Register to vote page
District, town and parish councils
West Oxfordshire District Council is made up of 49 elected Councillors, with one third elected three years in four.
- For more information about future district elections please see: Electoral cycle (pdf)
- For more details of election years for your town or parish please see: Parish and Town Council Election Years (pdf)
Parliamentary elections: May 2022
The next election of a member of parliament for the Witney constituency is currently scheduled to take place on Thursday 5 May 2022.
Police and Crime Commissioner: May 2020
The next election of a Police and Crime Commissioner is scheduled for Thursday 7 May 2020.
For information about the Police and Crime Commissioner, please see the official website for the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner.