Working at the Council
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with us.
Our council is an ambitious and exciting place to work. We are renowned for having vision about our place and our organisation and turning vision into reality. We want to continue to be a high performing council with motivated employees who are proud to work here and make a difference to people's lives.
Contact the Council's Human Resources (HR) department
The Human Resources department is based at Cotswold District Council and deals with all aspects of HR on our behalf. For further information or to discuss the recruitment process, please:
- Email the Human Resources team
- Call 01285 623000 and ask for the Recruitment Team
View current vacancies
Learning and development
We want our people to enjoy their work and have the skills they need to do their job. We recognise the importance of learning and development opportunities so we can recruit good people and develop and retain our staff.
- receive an induction that helps them to settle into West Oxfordshire and your team
- have access to a range of both instructor-led and online courses on a range of topics via the Learning Gateway.
Supporting our Armed Forces community
The Council recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We have signed a Corporate Covenant to acknowledge our support for the Armed Forces Community and, with regards to working for the Council, it includes the following pledges:
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old;
- Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible.
A work placement is an opportunity for students to spend time outside the classroom learning about a particular job or area of work.
During their placement, students can:
- find out what skills employers look for when they're hiring someone to fill a job vacancy
- get the chance to develop their self-confidence and communication skills.
We are keen to work with young people. However, places are very popular and are limited. For further information or to request a placement please:
- Email our Learning team who are based at Cheltenham Borough Council stating that you are interested in doing work experience at West Oxfordshire District Council.