Food export health certificate
We issue health certificates to food businesses who wish to export food outside the EU. They are provided to help local exporters meet the food safety requirements. Before giving you the certificate, we need to check that:
- your business is registered with us
- we are satisfied with the food hygiene standards at your premises
Apply for a food export health certificate
Please complete all sections of the request form correctly and pay us by debit or credit card by calling 01993 861000. Then email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to: Public Protection, Woodgreen, Witney, OX28 1NB.
It is your responsibility to get the required wording for the certificate which can vary between countries. You may need to contact the country's embassy if your customer cannot supply this information.
Information about a issuing food export health certificate
- We will always try and add the wording on your form, but we cannot say that we guarantee the safety of any individual consignment of food. Wording will normally state that your foodstuffs are produced and stored in premises subject to our jurisdiction as a food authority and have passed the inspection programme.
- We reserve the right to not issue a certificate if we are dissatisfied with hygiene standards and practices on your premises.
- We cannot certify an individual manufacturing process.
- If you have not received a food hygiene inspection within the required due date (according to our database) then we will need to come and inspect before we can issue a certificate. We make every effort to inspect by the due date.
- The application and consultation process will generally take up to five working days. You will receive your certificate through the post unless you ask to collect it from the council.
- If you have any difficulties with the documentary requirements of importing countries, please visit and contact the Food Standards Agency.