We want to support businesses to reopen our high streets. We are considering a number of schemes to attract local trade back into our towns and help customers to shop safely.
The government has produced updated guidance for all business who are thinking of re-opening on how you can work safely.
If you think your business will have challenges such as queues forming on narrow pavements, or if you have any ideas for how we can support the reopening of our town centres please email us at email@example.com.
We are ordering a selection of stickers to help guide people safely through business premises. If you would like some email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read our checklist on what you need to consider before re-opening your business.
These temporary measures are being considered for Witney town centre:
- access only from Woodford way/Welch Way junction eastwards towards the high street
- removing bollards, benches and other items that will affect access
- closure of Welch Way between Costa corner and High Street
- suspension of on-street parking on eastern High Street
- widened pavement on eastern side of High Street
- 20mph restrictions across the whole town centre
- restrict access on High Street, Market Square to buses, taxis, cycles and blue badge holders (this may have time restrictions)
- provide signs for businesses to promote social distancing inside shops
- segregated paths in Marriots, Woolgate and other snickleways.
- floor markings and signs showing queuing areas
- possible traffic restrictions on Corn Street to allow more space for pedestrians
- retaining blue badge parking wherever possible
If you have any feedback on these measures you can complete our short survey on Witney town centre.Witney town centre re-opening survey
We have produced a number of signage posters for you to download and print to use in your business.
Working safely during coronavirus
Read working safely during coronavirus on GOV.UK. This government guidance is to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic. There are eight guides, which cover a range of different types of businesses.
You will need to complete and display the government poster to show your compliance with Covid -19 measures.
HSE have a poster you can display about how to wash your hands properly.
We have created a poster for you to download to show how many people are safely allowed in your business at once.
Safer transport guidance
Read Coronavirus safer transport guidance for operators on GOV.UK. Government guidance to help organisations, agencies and others, such as self-employed transport providers, understand how to provide safer workplaces and services for themselves, their workers and passengers across all modes of private and public transport.
Business matters newsletter
We will be sending out regular email updates in our business newsletter. Join our mailing list to receive the latest business news and read previous editions.Sign up to Business Matters newsletter