Commercial waste & recycling
It is the responsibility of all businesses to have their waste collected by an authorised waste carrier.
The District Council is an authorised waste carrier and we offer competitively priced rates. To discuss your requirements:
- Complete our online form
- Call 01993 861025
Waste and recycling service
- General recycling – eg paper, cardboard, tins, cans, glass, plastic bottles/containers
- Food waste recycling
- Waste removal
- Flexible collection dates
We can also provide waste and recycling collections for events in West Oxfordshire including bin delivery, information and signage.
The collection prices below are fully inclusive - there is no additional cost for VAT, bin rental, administration, collection, disposal and duty of care.
All necessary legal documentation is provided and you can be pay via:
- Invoice (twice a year); or
- Monthly by Direct Debit
Cost per collection (2016-17)
|Bin size||Food waste recycling*||Recycling||Waste|
|Sack or sticker||-||£2.00||£2.42|
* Food waste bin liners are available to buy. Contact us for more details.
Sacks and stickers are available from:
- Burford Town Council, The Tolsey, 126 High Street, Burford, OX18 4QU
- Carterton Town Council, Town Hall, 19 Alvescot Road, Carterton, OX18 3JL
- The Guildhall, Goddards Lane, Chipping Norton, OX7 5NJ
- The Town Centre Shop, 3 Welch Way, Witney, OX28 6JH
- Woodstock Town Council, The Town Hall, Market Square, Woodstock, OX20 1SL
We collect Monday to Friday on a frequency to suit your needs.
Recycling and waste - what you need to do
- Bins need to be put out by 6am on collection day.
- Recycling should only be put in your recycling bin loose or in clear sacks, not in black bags.
What can and cannot be recycled
|Bin type||Yes please||No thanks|
|Food waste bin||
Download a poster for your workplace:
Waste contamination - what's the problem?
Putting the wrong items in wrong bin causes recyclable material to become ‘contaminated’ and can lead to it being rejected by our re-processor.
What happens if I put something I shouldn’t in my recycling bin?
We won’t empty your recycling bin if it contains non-recyclable materials. It will be your responsibility to remove the offending item(s) and put them in your waste bin.
Alternatively, you can contact us to empty this bin as waste instead - you will be invoiced for the additional charge.
If your recycling bins continue to be contaminated we will contact you to cancel the service and offer to exchange your bin for a waste collection instead. Please note recycling collections are cheaper than waste collections.
Our recycling banks are not authorised for commercial use. Businesses found fly-tipping at these sites could be issued a Fixed Penalty Notice of up to £300.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC code)
It is a legal requirement that you include your businesses Standard Industrial Classification 2007 or SIC code on your controlled waste transfer note.