Code of conduct for councillors
Code of conduct for district councillors
All Councils are required to have a Code of Conduct for Members and Co-opted Members of the Council. Since 1 July 2012 we have used the following code of conduct:
Code of conduct for parish and town councils
The 54 town and parish councils in West Oxfordshire have adopted the same code of conduct as the District Council. For more information please see:
Complaints about councillors not following the code of conduct
Complaints that a councillor or a co-opted member of the Council, or of a town or parish council in West Oxfordshire has not followed the code of conduct have to be made to the Council. Please:
- View the Guide to code of conduct complaints handling
- Use the Councillor code of conduct complaint form.
For more information, or to request a complaint form in Microsoft word format, please:
- fill in our general enquiry form, or
- telephone 01993 861521 or
- write to The Monitoring Officer, West Oxfordshire District Council, Woodgreen, Witney, Oxon, OX28 1NB.