Local Plan: latest news
As part of the ongoing examination of our draft Local Plan we have published three additional evidence papers for consultation from 22 November until 20 December.
The documents are available to view online together with information on how to respond:
Hard copies are also available at the District Council Offices in Witney.
The appointed Local Plan Inspector, Mr Malcolm Rivett BA (Hons) MSc MRTPI, is willing to accept comments on these documents and once he has considered any comments made, envisages publishing his thoughts on the most appropriate way forward for the remainder of the Examination.
If he concludes that, subject to further changes, there is the likelihood of the plan being found sound, it is likely that formal consultation on those changes would take place early in 2018.
- We first formally submitted our draft Local Plan to Government for independent examination by the Planning Inspectorate in July 2015.
- The subsequent examination hearing was suspended in January 2016 following recommendations by the Planning Inspector that elements of the Plan should be reconsidered, including the overall housing target.
- As a result, our planners undertook a range of further work and consulted on proposed changes to the Plan.
- Responses were received from around 1,000 individuals and organisations during the 6-week consultation stage which ran from 11 November until 23 December 2016. These were submitted to the Planning Inspectorate for consideration on 10 March 2017, together with the proposed modifications and a range of supporting documents.
- Two further examination hearings took place from 9 - 18 May 2017 (stage 2) and 11 - 20 July 2017 (stage 3). After which we agreed to undertake further work for the Planning Inspector. This is now being consulted on until 20 December.