Private sector landlord forum - 16 May
We are launching a new private landlord’s forum and want to invite as many local landlords to join us as possible:
- WHEN: Thursday 16 May 5pm – 7pm
- WHERE: West Oxfordshire District Council, Committee Rm 1, Woodgreen, Witney OX28 1PB
- Support and inform landlords around key legislative/policy changes concerning the private rented sector.
- Hold presentations in partnership with Housing Benefits, Universal Credit, The National Landlord’s Association, the Citizens Advice Bureau and more.
- Provide an arena for landlords to share best practice and discuss how we can all work together to provide good quality housing to local people.
- Voice your concerns with the Council and receive our support.
Interested in attending?
Please email your interest, and what you would like to see on the agenda, to:
The Department for Work and Pensions has launched a campaign to raise awareness and understanding of Universal Credit amongst private and social rented landlords. Spearheaded by partners in the sector, it features real life case studies from landlords as they explain in their own words their experience of working with the department to support tenants who are claiming Universal Credit.
A suite of new products has also been developed to help landlords understand what Universal Credit means for them. This includes a toolkit for landlords consisting of a top tips guide, explainer videos, a template article for use in newsletters and e-bulletins and a recommended social media plan with suggested copy and assets to use across their own channels. The Understanding Universal Credit website – www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk(opens in a new window) – has also been updated with a new landlord section containing lots of handy tips and facts to support landlords in their conversations with tenants.’
Tenant Fee Ban
While most costs related to assignment or surrender of a tenancy are prohibited, landlords and agents are still allowed to charge certain small sums to tenants if the tenant requests a change in tenant or an early surrender.
For more information see: