Housing related support
We know that some people need:
- extra help and support to manage their tenancy satisfactorily and
- housing with special features such as adaptations for the disabled.
To help these groups of people there are:
- a number of supported housing projects in the district that provide specialist care and support and
- floating support services that offer help to people living independently, outside of accommodation based services.
Supported housing projects
To find out more about the projects in the table below and apply for a place please contact us, see bottom of page for contact details.
|Name of project||Groups supported||Location of accommodation|
|Godstow Cottage||For young families aged 16-25 years||Witney|
|Hedgerows||For people with mental health problems||Witney|
|Bramblings||For people with mental health problems||Witney|
|St. Mungos||For single males and females aged 16-54 years who are homeless or in housing need||Witney
Some of these projects are paid for by the Supporting People Programme, a national funding scheme for the provision of housing related support. Oxfordshire County Council:
- administer this programme
- are responsible for monitoring the quality of housing related support services and
- provide grants to the service providers
For further information please visit:
Floating support is a flexible service which will meet you in the community or in your home. A Housing Support worker will offer help with practical needs such as managing money and developing independent living skills.
Floating support can also put you in touch with specialist organisations that can help with more difficult situations.
Connection floating support
For housing and tenancy support for people over 16 years of age who may have various difficulties, including the following:
- mental health difficulties
- drug and alcohol abuse
- domestic violence
- physical disabilities
- learning difficulties
- age related problems
Please phone Connection floating support on 01993 709087.