Book a building inspection
All types of Building regulation applications require a number of inspections by law. These depend on the type of work being carried out.
Arrange a building inspection
To arrange a building inspection:
You'll need the following details:
- Reference number
- Site address
- Builder's name and telephone number
- The work requiring inspection
- When the work will be ready for inspection
Building inspection date
- If you call or email before 3pm on a working day we can book the inspection in for the next working day.
List of building inspections
When you receive your acknowledgement after you've submitted the Building Notice or with the Approval of a Full Plans application we will provide a list of the inspections that we would expect to make.
The building inspections usually include the following:
- Excavation of foundations
- Damp proof course
- First floor joists
- Thermal insulation
- Drain backfilled and ready for test
- Any other inspection required to ensure compliance
- Occupation of the building
- Final completion
Important information about completion inspection
When the work is complete (excluding decorating and furnishings) you should arrange for a completion inspection. The Certificate should be kept safe as it will be required by your solicitor when you sell your property.