Before you apply for planning permission, you may find it helpful to discuss your proposals with us first. Our advice can help you get your application right, which could save you time and money.
Pre-application advice form
Within 15 working days of receiving all the relevant information we aim to:
- Provide a full written response; or
- Arrange a meeting if necessary and agree a timescale for a full written response.
To avoid confusion we do not provide pre-application advice over the telephone.
Fees for the pre-application enquiry service
Our pre-application enquiry service is:
- FREE to householders asking for advice about their existing property in the district (please note there is no drop in service)
- Chargeable for new houses and major developments - for details of the charges please see the fees box on page 4 of the pre-application advice form
There aren't any pre-application charges for the following advice:
- Advice on permitted development
- Advice on householder development
- Advice on Conservation Area consent
- Advice on Listed Building consent
- Advice on protected tree issues
- Advice on enforcement issues
- Advice to Town and Parish Councils
- Advice to other Local Authorities and County Councils
- Advice to Registered Social Landlords
- Advice on development that directly benefits a disabled person
- Advice to small businesses (applies to applicants, not the agent, eligible to receive the full benefit of small business rate relief)
- Advice to existing places of worship