Consultation Privacy Notice Privacy Notice
Who we are and what we do
West Oxfordshire District Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
This notice explains why we ask for your personal information, how that information will be used and how you can access your records.
Any questions regarding our privacy practices should be sent to:
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
West Oxfordshire District Council
Council Offices, Witney, OX28 1NB
Tel: 01993 861194
Why we need your information and how we use it
Our Budget consultation captures the views of our residents, service users and staff via a range of methods with information collected helping to inform Cabinet and Senior Officer affecting service planning, delivery and budget setting.
The methods include the collection of information via surveys (online and paper) and also through social media.
What type of information is collected from you
We hold information and views from residents, business, staff, and other stakeholders.
In our Budget consultation survey, the personal data collected is very limited. The data we hold and process will typically include:
- Information views on the District Council's budget setting strategy.
- IP address (Internet Protocol) –This allows computers to send and receive information
What is the legal process for collecting and processing this data
The legal basis for our use of your personal information will generally be one or more of the following:
- we need to process your personal information to satisfy our legal obligations as a Local Authority, for example to conduct West District Council budget consultations.
- we need to process your personal information to carry out a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority in our capacity as a public body; for example to find out how to improve services
Who your information may be shared with
Your information may be shared internally, examples include:
- Service manager or equivalent who requested the budget survey
- Statutory consultation responses are available for Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Cabinet to view. The Consultation responses do not contain any personal information so that participants are not identifiable.
The main software used for our online surveys is Survey Monkey.
We do not usually share your information with other organisations. If we intend to share your information, we would advise you of the organisations we intend to share with and why before you give us your data so that you can chose whether to provide information.
How we protect your information
We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How long we keep your information
Your details will be kept and updated in accordance with our legal obligations and in line with statutory retention periods.
You have rights under the Data Protection Legislation:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances
- to be told if we have made a mistake whilst processing your data and we will self-report breaches to the Commissioner
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
Chief Finance Officer West Oxfordshire District Council or Data Protection Officer (DPO) email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner. : https://ico.org.uk