Household Support Fund
The Household Support Fund (HSF) has been launched by the government to offer a very important lifeline for vulnerable households who may struggle to afford life’s essentials.
The money will primarily be used to help pay for food, energy, and water bills for vulnerable households, but other costs can also be covered.
The funds are not restricted to people in receipt of benefits and there is no requirement that you must be employed or that you must be unemployed.
Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire distribute the support in the form of food vouchers on behalf of West Oxfordshire District Council.
How to apply
Guidelines and criteria
- Supporting families and individuals in most need who are struggling to afford food and other living costs including energy, water bills and transport related costs. The latest scheme will remain open until the funds are spent.
Who is eligible?
- People living in West Oxfordshire who have not had a similar payment from Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire in the last six months; and
- People with a priority debt (e.g. rent arrears, mortgage arrears, gas, electricity, court fine, tax or National Insurance debt etc) OR
- People in receipt of means-tested benefits OR
- A pensioner in receipt of Pension Credit OR
- A pensioner not in receipt of a means tested benefit who is in food or fuel poverty
Applicants must be aged 18 and over. To check if you are eligible and to access the scheme, you can either email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01993 892063.
Please note this is not an emergency fund and there could be a short delay in replying to emails/telephone calls. If you need urgent assistance please ring Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire on Freephone 0808 278 7908.