Draft Affordable Housing SPD
The District Council is consulting on a new draft affordable housing supplementary planning document which sets out in detail how the Council will seek to increase the supply of new affordable homes in West Oxfordshire. We would welcome your views on this initial draft before it is updated and published for further comment later in the year.
The consultation is running for six weeks from 10 July until 21 August 2020.
Representations may be made in writing or by email and must be received no later than 5pm on 21 August 2020.
Email representations to email@example.com or post them to:
Planning Policy Team
West Oxfordshire District Council
New Yatt Road
Witney, OX28 1PB
What Happens next
We will consider all comments received and will publish a revised draft for a further period of consultation later in the year before the SPD is formally adopted. At that point it will become a material consideration for any relevant planning applications.
Hard copies of consultation documents
We will have hard copies of documents available to view at the following locations, subject to Covid-19 opening restrictions:
- West Oxfordshire District Council Offices, Elmfield, New Yatt Road, Witney, OX28 1PB. Tel: 01993 861000 open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Witney Town Centre Shop, 3 Welch Way, Witney, OX28 6JH, Tel: 01993 861000, open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Witney Town Council, Town Hall, Market Square, Witney, OX28 6AG, Tel: 01993 704379, Open Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm, 2pm to 5pm
- Carterton Town Council, 19 Alvescot Road, Carterton, OX18 3JL, Tel: 01993 842156, Open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Chipping Norton Town Council, The Guildhall, Chipping Norton, OX7 5NJ, Tel: 01608 642341, open Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm
- Burford Visitor Information Centre, 33 High Street, Burford, OX18 4QA, Tel: 01993 823558, open Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 5pm, Sunday 10am to 4pm
- Bampton Library, Old Grammar School, Church View, Bampton, OX18 2NE, Tel 01993 850076
- Burford Library, 86A High Street, Burford, OX18 4QF, Tel: 01993 823377
- Carterton Library, 6 Alvescot Road, Carterton, OX18 3JH, Tel: 01993 841492
- Charlbury Library, Charlbury Community Centre, Enstone Road, Charlbury, OX7 3PQ, Tel: 01608 811104
- Chipping Norton Library, Goddards Land, Chipping Norton, OX7 5NP, Tel: 01608 643559
- Eynsham Library, 30 Mill Street, Eynsham, OX29 4JS, Tel: 01865 880525
- North Leigh Library, Memorial Hall, Park Road, North Leigh, OX29 6SA, Tel: 01993 882935
- Stonesfield Library, Village Hall, Longore, Stonesfield, OX29 8EF, Tel: 01993 898187
- Witney Library, Welch Way, Witney, OX28 6JH, Tel: 01993 703659
If we cannot provide hard copies at these locations then they will be available on request.
Previously adopted Affordable Housing SPD
The affordable housing SPD provides detailed guidance on how the District Council will secure the delivery of affordable housing.