Skip to main content

Search Results for

Your search for "planning applications" found 155 results

View planning applications

Postcode search for nearby applications, how to comment, data protection

Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG)

How to measure BNG and assess the impacts of planning applications

Taking part in Planning Committees

Make a planning application

Apply for planning permission and find out how long the process will take

Planning committee

Details of planning committee meetings, find out how to speak at a meeting

Sustainability Standards Checklist

Sustainability standards on net zero carbon, active travel, water use and flood risk, waste and biodiversity


This site is a guide to West Oxfordshire District Council and its work. It contains everyday information for residents, such as refuse and recycling collections, planning applications, Council Tax and benefits.

Planning and building

Apply for planning permission or building regulations, the Local Plan and planning policy for West Oxfordshire

Planning permission

Apply for planning permission, get advice, planning appeals and view planning applications

Planning application supporting information

View all of the validation checklists and guidance for your planning application

Planning - Privacy notice

Report a breach of planning regulations

How to report work which has been done without permission

Conservation area maps

Find towns and villages with conservation areas and view their boundaries on a map

Council functions and responsibilities

Information on the roles of county, district, town and parish councils

Website help

Help using this website and help accessing council services in other languages

Gypsy and Traveller/Boat Dweller Accommodation Assessment Study - Privacy Notice

Council data and information listings Freedom of Information Publication Scheme

A comprehensive list of council information, open data

Premises licence for new applications

Counter fraud, bribery and corruption

What to do if you suspect fraud or misuse of public funds, and how to report internal fraud

Building regulations

Building regulations process and applications, book site inspections, demolitions and dangerous structures

Find out if you need building regulations approval

When you need building regulations, services we can offer

Salt Cross Garden Village

Proposals for new garden village, consultations and progress so far

Planning appeals

How to appeal a planning decision and what the timescales are

Submit your planning application

After you have submitted a planning application

After you have received a decision

Listed buildings

Categories of listed building, how to apply for consent, guidance on work to historic buildings

Community led planning

Protected trees

What to do if you want to carry out work to a tree with a Tree Preservation Order or in a conservation area

Licensing - Privacy notice

Building Control - Privacy Notice

Video conferencing - Privacy notice

Microsoft 365 - Privacy notice


Details of how you can stop receiving emails and notifications

Garden waste bin

How to apply for a garden waste licence, includes timescales and costs

Recycling blue lidded bin and black box

What to put in your blue lidded bin and black box, recycle glass, plastics, tins, paper and card


Recycling banks and centres

Find out how to dispose of excess rubbish and recycling and waste that we don’t collect such as asbestos

Reduce and reuse your waste

Unsure of how to dispose of your old and unwanted items? Use Oxfordshire's Waste Wizard

Where your Council Tax goes

Council Tax Support

Find out if you are eligible for help with your Council Tax payments and how to apply

Backdating benefit

Circumstances in which a claimant's Housing Benefit can be backdated

Apply for Housing Benefit

Eligibility criteria, application process and how you can be paid

Report benefit fraud

What to do if you suspect someone is claiming benefits that they are not entitled to

£150 Council Tax Rebate

Council Tax £150 Rebate - discretionary scheme

Licensing Public Register

Search for and comment on licensing applications online. Track the progress of an application and save searches

Hackney carriage vehicle licences

Apply, renew or transfer a licence for a hackney carriage, including fees

Private hire vehicle licences

Apply, renew or transfer a licence for a private hire taxi, including fees

Book a taxi driver knowledge test

If wish to become a taxi driver you must take a Taxi Driver Assessment, book yours online now.

Step by step guide to applying for a Taxi Driver Licence (New applicant)

All the things you need to know and do to become a driver

Club premises certificate for new applications

Transfer of premises

Notice of interest

Comment on a licensing application

Support or object to an application for a premises licence

Zoo licence

Apply for a licence or renew an existing one

Caravan and campsites

Apply for a caravan and camping site licence

Organising public events

Event safety, street parties and fetes, applying for a temporary event notice and street closures

Temporary event notice

Event safety

Pavement licence

Licence to put furniture on the pavement, how to apply

Starting and growing your business

Information and help on starting a business

Small Business Grant Scheme

Register to vote

How to register to vote, the annual canvass, electoral and open register

Voter ID - what you need to do

Information on ID that will be accepted when you vote

Live council meetings and webcasts

Watch council meetings live and find out how to ask questions at meetings

Equality and diversity

Equality action plan and equality and diversity impact assessments

Our plan for West Oxfordshire

Corporate strategy document and key principles

Comments and complaints

Give us a comment, complaint or compliment

Budget consultation 2024 to 2025

Information on our budget consultation for 2024 to 2025

Oxfordshire County Council

For information related to highways and potholes, bus passes, blue badge applications, schools and libraries


What to do if you need to demolish a building, how to let us know

View building control applications

Search our register to see building control applications and contraventions

What is the Community Infrastructure Levy

The CIL allows local planning authorities to raise funds from developers who are carrying out building projects in their area

Infrastructure spending and funding

How we collect money for infrastructure for new developments, annual reports

Planning policy

The Local Plan, neighbourhood planning and local development framework

Local Plan 2031

Plan for development in the district until 2031

Local plan evidence base

Supplementary planning documents

Adopted plans that are part of planning policy, plans in progress, consultations and design guide for historic buildings

Developer contributions

Combe Village Design Statement

Salt Cross area action plan examination

Local development framework

The framework for planning strategy in West Oxfordshire, includes Local Plan monitoring reports

Neighbourhood planning

The process of developing a neighbourhood plan, areas which have plans or are developing one

Neighbourhood planning process

How to set up a neighbourhood plan and the stages of the process to getting it approved

Made neighbourhood plans

Plans which have been approved by the council and are now part of planning policy


Wootton by Woodstock

Unsuccessful Neighbourhood Plans and Development Orders

Neighbourhood plans and orders which have not progressed to a referendum

Local Plan 2041

We are working on a new Local Plan up to 2041

Botley West Solar Farm

Proposals for a solar energy generation scheme to the west of Oxford

Local land charges

How to apply for a Land Charges search, including charges and timescales

Get advice on your application

Apply for pre-application advice, includes charges, timescales and what kind of advice we provide

Find out if you need planning permission

When you need planning permission and what counts as permitted development

Step by Step guide to planning permission

A guide to getting planning permission and how long it usually takes

planning step by step

Check if you need planning permission

Check local planning restrictions and policy

Get pre-application advice

Additional permissions

Article 4 directions

Restrictions to permitted development rights

Historic parks and gardens

Information on the local historic parks and gardens, Blenheim World heritage site and Scheduled Ancient Monuments (SAMs)

Wildlife and biodiversity

Ecological assessments, protecting biodiversity when planning a development, Great Crested newt scheme

Biodiversity and planning policy

Policies to help conserve and enhance biodiversity

Biodiversity and development management

Biodiversity constraints to consider when making a planning application for a development

Ecological assessments

When and how to submit an ecological assessment

Bats and lighting

Great crested newt district licensing scheme

How to get a licence for developments in areas where great crested newts are present

Biodiversity specifications

Our guidance on incorporating wildlife into your development

Homeseeker Plus - Frequently asked questions

Self-build housing

Information on building your own home and joining the self-build register

Empty homes

Our policy on empty homes, enforcement orders

Gypsy and traveller services

Information on Gypsy and Traveller services, sites in west Oxfordshire, privately run sites and planning permission

Old Orchard Court, Corndell Gardens, Witney

A development of new apartments

Tree maintenance

What to consider before cutting down or pruning trees

High hedges

How to resolve problems with high hedges, submit a high hedge complaint

Climate action you can take

What you can do to make a difference

Energy efficiency, advice and grants

Advice and funding available to help your home be more energy efficient

Our route to carbon neutral

How we will become carbon neutral, developing a Carbon Action Plan

Climate action through planning

Helping to raise sustainability standards in development and facilitating local action

How to achieve net zero carbon homes

Our Toolkit for new build and retrofit housing projects

Pathways to a Zero Carbon Oxfordshire

Explore projects which are mapping the transition to becoming a net zero carbon county

Coronation Community Orchard Scheme

Apply for funding to support community orchard projects across the district, to celebrate the coronation of King Charles III

Flood reports and reviews

Flood reports for parish and towns in West Oxfordshire

Community grants and funding

Grants and funding available for community groups, leisure and voluntary organisations

Historic grants activity and awards

Community safety

Emergency planning for communities, what to do about anti-social behaviour

Emergency planning

How we plan for emergencies, community resilience and business continuity

Anti-social behaviour

Information on how we deal with anti-social behaviour and how to report it

Voluntary and community organisations

Volunteering opportunities and local environmental community groups

Public transport

View transport information for getting around the district including links to local bus services and community transport

Prosperity Funds

Projects being supported in the West Oxfordshire District

General information

We collect your personal information to provide council services

Electoral Services - Privacy notice

Accountancy and Finance - Privacy notice

Self-Build - Privacy Notice

Housing and Homelessness - Privacy notice

Human Resources - Privacy notice

Consultation - Privacy Notice

Legal Services - Privacy Notice

Electronic newsletter - Privacy notice

Community wellbeing data - Privacy notice

Payments - Privacy Notice

Planning Enforcement - Privacy Notice

Household Support Fund - Privacy Notice

Local Plan Making Consultation - Privacy Notice

Emergency Planning Services - Privacy Notice

Local Land Charges - Privacy Notice

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction - Privacy Notice

Home Upgrade Grant 2 Funding Scheme - Privacy Notice

Community insight profile grant funding - Privacy notice


Our accessibility statement for this website and who to contact if you have any issues accessing any content on this website

Copyright statement

You need permission to use copyright material such as West Oxfordshire District Council logo, photographs, pictures, maps etc

Make a payment

The various ways you can make a payment to the council including online

Temporary road closure

How to apply for a temporary road closure and any current closures in West Oxfordshire